The Nimbin Osteopath at Thrive Health Care
Providing affordable Osteopathic care to the Nimbin and surrounds community
What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is a form of “hands on” manual therapy, focused primarily on the musculoskeletal system. Osteopathy considers the patient holistically, as an individual, operating within the biopsychosocial model of care. Osteopathy is based on the founding principles: –
- The body is a unit – mind-body-spirit
- Structure and function are interrelated – Osteopaths believe in the interconnectedness of the body. The body’s structure governs how it functions and by improving the structure we can improve how it functions
- The body has its own self-healing mechanisms – body has an innate wisdom to seek health. Osteopathy aims to help the body help itself.
Osteopaths are AHPRA-registered primary healthcare practitioners. This allows your treatment to be covered by health funds, the Chronic Disease Management Plan (formerly EPC), WorkCover and the Department of Veteran Affairs.
Osteopaths undertake an evaluation involving a case history (discussing lifestyle, medical history and injuries etc) and a physical assessment (involving movement based and orthopaedic testing) to diagnose the problem and direct the treatment plan. Osteopaths have a wide range of techniques depending on the patient and the problem. The treatment plan may include:-
- Muscle energy technique
- Gentle mobilisation of specific joints
- Balancing tension within the ligaments,
- Cranial osteopathy
- Functional technique
- Trigger points
Find out more about how Osteopathy and how we can help you today!
Osteopathy is my passion – it is a privilege to to be entrusted with a role in my patients health care journey
Book an appointment today either via phone or online